The ninth edition of the Women’s World Cup started on Thursday 20 July, which will have its great final match on 20 August. This will be the first time the Cup will have two venues: Australia and New Zealand.
Among other novelties, the tournament will also have 32 national teams and financial prizes for all players for the first time. Record attendance is also expected in the different stadiums.
The Argentine National Team is in Group G and is already itching to start its fourth time in a World Cup, where it will have the major goal of having an unprecedented triumph and dream about reaching the round of 16. All of the Argentine matches will be broadcast on TV Pública. All the information on the national team and the World Cup is listed below.
Groups and schedule of the first day of the World Cup
The opening match will be played at 4:00 am (Argentina time) at the Eden Park Stadium in Auckland, where one of the hosts, New Zealand, will face Norway in Group A. Then at 7:00 am (Argentina time) on Sidney, the other local team, Australia, will play Ireland for Group B.
Schedule day 1
- 4.00 am New Zealand vs Norway - Group A
- 7.00 am Australia vs Ireland - Group B
- 11.30 pm Nigeria vs Canada - Group B
- 2.00 am Philippines vs Switzerland - Group A
- 4.30 am Spain vs Costa Rica - Group C
- 10.00 pm USA vs Vietnam - Group E
- 4.00 am Zambia vs Japan - Group C
- 6.30 am England vs Haiti - Group D
- 9.00 am Denmark vs China - Group D
- 2.00 am Sweden vs South Africa - Group G
- 4.30 am Netherlands vs Portugal - Group E
- 7.00 am France vs Jamaica - Group F
- 3.00 am Italy vs Argentina - Group G
- 5.30 am Germany vs Morocco - Group H
- 8.00 am Brazil vs Panama - Group F
- 11.00 pm Colombia vs South Korea - Group H
The fixture list and Argentina’s major goal
The Argentine National team will play its fourth World Cup, where it will seek its first-ever victory, since in previous cups (2003, 2007 and 2019), it only got losses and two draws. It is worth remembering that Argentina never made it to the Round of 16, although last time it got very close, which is why if it got there this time it would be a great feat for Argentine women footballers.
Germán Portanova’s team is in Group G, alongside Italy, South Africa and Sweden.
- Day 1: Argentina vs Italy - Monday 24 de July, 03.00 am in Auckland
- Day 2: South Africa vs Argentina - Thursday 28 July, 9.00 pm in Dunedin
- Day 3: Argentina vs Sweden - Wednesday 2 August, 04.00 am in Hamilton
Where to watch the World Cup
In this country all the matches of the Australia - New Zealand World Cup may be watched on Directv Sports. The matches of the Argentine National Team will also be broadcast on Televisión Pública.
by Brenda Panizza, PERFIL