Sunday, March 29, 2020
Perfil

ARGENTINA | 18-03-2020 23:02

64-year-old man becomes Argentina's third fatal victim of Covid-19 coronavirus

Authorities confirm death of 64-year-old man at Buenos Aires City hospital.

A 64-year-old man has become Argentina's third victim of the coronavirus pandemic, officials confirmed late Wednesday night.

The man, who has not yet been named, had been admitted to the Instituto del Diagnóstico de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires and suffered from pre-existing health conditions, including diabetes and high blood pressure.

He was known as "patient number 15" on the centralised list detailing confirmed Covid-19 coronavirus cases in the capital, La Nación reported.

The individual was first diagnosed with the infectious disease on March 13 and said he had come into with a woman who had recently returned by France. Perfil understands that she has yet to learn the result of her analysis and whether she has Covid-19, however.

"He was a patient with diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure, all underlying diseases that complicated the Covid-19 picture," an unnamed source told La Nación .

Officials confirmed earlier Wednesday night that a total of 97 confirmed cases of the virus had been registered in the country. This is the third fatality – all three have been men and above the age of 60.

Some 70 percent of the cases are in the Buenos Aires metropolitan area, where some 15 million people live. 

– TIMES/NA/PERFIL

More in (in spanish)

Comments